Located at the confluence of nearly a dozen rivers forming a massive lagoon system, Rio Chico harbors thousands of juvenile tarpon, 365 days a year. This is fly fishing and light spin fishing for tarpon at its best!
The shallow Rio Chico estuary has become famous for non-stop tarpon action with fish ranging in size from 2 to 50 pounds. Dozens of fish per angler are not uncommon each day, and though most are small, the excitement comes from combining light tackle with this action-packed introduction to tarpon. Occasionally snook and mega-model tarpon reward persistent Rio Chico fly rodders.
Anglers and their companions enjoy lovely, well-ventilated accommodations at the Tortuga Lodge, the only lodge allowed within the “Laguna de Tacarigua National Park.” The lodge lies advantageously close to the best spots for tarpon fishing (just five minutes away). Tortuga Lodge offers nine comfortable villas right on the beach, each one divided into two areas with private baths and a total capacity of six anglers.
Tortuga also has a great churuata (Indian pavilion) that works as a bar/restaurant that offers delicious meals. The menu’s emphasis is on fresh seafood and native dishes, with the main meal served mid-day. It’s easy to add non-stop tarpon fishing at Rio Chico to the spectacular bone fishing at Los Roques or extend your angling holiday to include the view of the Amazon Niagara, Angel Falls.
- All ground transfers in Caracas, and Caracas – Rio Chico – Caracas
- First overnight at Eurobuilding Radisson Plaza ( Caracas )
- Last overnight at Eurobuilding Express Hotel
( 5 minutes from the International Airport )
- Boat and fishing guide (two anglers per boat)
- Lodging at Tortuga Lodge
- All three meals at Tortuga Lodge
- Open bar at the Lodge (domestic beer, sodas and rum )
Does Not include:
- International flights
- Fishing gear
- Meals and drinks at the Eurobuilding Radisson Plaza (breakfast is included)
- Meals and drinks at the Eurobuilding Express
(breakfast is included)
- Airport taxes
- Fishing licenses
- Laguna de Tacarigua National Park entrance fee
Example Rates – subject to change by operator
RIO CHICO – TORTUGA LODGE
per person, double occupancy
Sharing Guide, Boat and Room
4 nights/3 fishing days: $1,623.00
5 nights/4 fishing days: $1,933.00
6 nights/5 fishing days: $2,243.00
7 nights/6 fishing days: $2,553.00
Additional Day of Fishing: $310.00