Just a short distance from the sportfishing marina, the village of Puerto San Jose is home to the Hotel Soleil Pacifico Resort on the broad sand beaches of the Pacific coast. The private villas in the large and secure four-star Resort provide the opportunity to spend time with your friends or family undisturbed. Each villa offers a private or semi-private pool and is staffed with a personal chef, maid and waitress so that you can enjoy total flexibility and even have your catch prepared as you like it, when you like it. The villa is fully stocked with soft drinks, wine, beer and spirits as well as snacks and other conveniences. Each group receives a cellphone with sufficient credit to call home or to have as a contact number.
Beach Villa – front
Beach Villa – backyard, pool, beach
Flyfishing and conventional tackle are both accommodated on our fleet of Bertram sportfishing boats. The crews are full time, experienced and offer both encouragement and tuition if you wish; our only objective is for you to have a fishing vacation of a lifetime. High quality Penn International, Okuma and Shimano conventional gear is included, flyfishing equipment is available with the first fly complimentary.
In addition to a fantastic angling experience, we can also arrange other activities in Guatemala whether you want to climb a nearby volcano, visit the colorful colonial city of Antigua, known for its excellent language schools and international flavor, or travel to Tikal, the largest remains of the Mayan World with the tallest pyramids set in the rain forest jungle.
- Add a day of inshore fishing for roosterfish, mackerel, snapper, snook and other inshore fish.
- Bird watching up the Chiquimula River.
- Guided private tours to: Antigua Guatemala, Tikal, Lake Atitlán, native American marketplace in Chichicastenango, jade fields of Zacapa, etc.
- Take an extra day to play a round of golf on one of Guatemala’s private courses.
- Stay at a private house with maid/cook, stocked bar (national drinks) and refrigerator.
- Available Dates: Please call us to confirm space availability and/or to request specific dates.
Private Villas in Puerto San Jose
These wonderful private villas offer you many benefits:
- Privacy for your group.
- Private Chef for all meals
- Only your schedule to consider.
- Flexible menu revised according to your preferences.
- Fully stocked with snacks, juices, cold drinks, cigars etc.
- The bar is stocked daily with beer, wine, juices, soft drinks.
- Located in a secure area next to the Resort.
- Two tennis courts for your use.
- Short 5 minute walk to the beach.
- Either a private or semi-private pool.
- Private van transport to/from the marina.
If resort accommodations are more to your liking, we offer the outstanding accomodations and amenities of the wonderful Hotel Soleil Pacifico Resort, including:
- 60 standard/double rooms
- 24 mini suites
- 14 suites with 1 bedroom and living room/kitchenette
- 11 four-person bungalows with 1 bedroom and living room/kitchenette
- 11 six person bungalows with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room
and private jacuzzi
This is one of the best opportunities for a truly memorable trip. Guatemala has the most average raises per day, greatly increasing your chances to catch and release a real trophy fish.
Example Rates – subject to change by operator
Rates are per person.
|3 nights lodging|
2 days fishing
|4 nights lodging|
3 days fishing
|5 nights lodging|
4 days fishing
|6 nights lodging|
5 days fishing
|7 nights lodging|
6 days fishing
|28 to 31ft Boat|
|35 to 38ft Boat|
Rates are per person and include:
- Airport reception in Guatemala, roundtrip ground transfers via air conditioned vehicle between Guatemala City and the Pacific coast.
- All inclusive accommodations in a private villa or the at the Hotel Soleil Pacifico Resort. All inclusive means all meals, open bar national drinks, weekend entertainment and disco.
- Approximately 8 hours of Guided fishing (Captain and two mates) with conventional tackle and lures aboard deluxe sport fishing cruisers, fishing license, all taxes. Fly fisherman please bring your own equipment and tackle or add $60.00 per angler to the package for fly fishing tackle which includes two Cam-Sigler tube flies.
- Lunch, snacks and beverages on the boat.
- Final night at a quality hotel in either Guatemala City or La Antigua (standard room).
- Use of cellphone with 100Q minutes worth of time.
- English to Spanish pocket dictionary
Not included: International airfare arriving/departing Guatemala City, gratuities, hotels in Guatemala City (except last night) and items of personal nature.
Fly fisherman please bring your own equipment and tackle or add $60.00 per angler to the package for fly-fishing tackle which includes two Cam-Sigler tube flies.