Zihuatanejo (Zee-what-an-ney-ho) is a quaint, truly old Mexico village, a short flight from the U.S. border. It has white sand beaches, some really cool fresh fish restaurants, golf, a mellow lifestyle, and a local population of genial and laid back amigos. If this isn’t enough, the flat waters off Zihuatanejo Bay offer the best darned deep sea fishing bargain to be found anywhere. It’s a price that wants to make you stay forever! There is extraordinary offshore fishing for sailfish, tuna, dolphin, rooster fish and marlin from this quaint Mexican coastal village where the hotel overlooks the bay.
The Sotavento Beach Resort is nestled in its own cliff side palm grove directly above the silky white sand of La Ropa Beach. La Ropa is the most protected beach, so many guests enjoy this peaceful atmosphere and never leave the hotel.
The hotel offers 68 large terrace suites, 23 guest rooms, a rooftop restaurant and a beach side bistro, a penthouse bar and a beach bar, two yoga studios and a massage area – all with breathtaking views over the Pacific Ocean.
Sotavento Beach Resort offers suites decorated in simple, traditional Mexican style and all room rates include a fresh and hot breakfast:
- Captain Suite – spacious rooms with some of the best views available from the very top floor. Either one double and one single bed or one king-sized bed, as well as a fold-out couch and seating area, and a private terrace area with its own hammocks and lounge chairs. Equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, and a refrigerator.
- Terraza Suite – spacious and private upper level units, suitable for a couple, or even a family of up to 6 guests. Terraza suites have either one double and one single bed or one king-sized bed, as well as a fold-out couch and small seating area, a private terrace area with its own hammocks and lounge chairs, and a spectacular ocean view.
- La Playa Studio – conveniently located close to the beach facilities with a shared terrace area. Each La Playa Studio has one double and one single bed and can sleep up to 4 people. These studios have a couch and fold-out chair, and a hammock and lounge chairs on the terrace.
- Oceano Room – located on the first level of Sotavento Beach Resort. Each Oceano Room has either one double and one single bed, or one queen sized bed, and can sleep up to 3 people. The terrace area provides a hammock and lounge chairs.
Besides great fishing, there are other activities available including scuba diving, water skiing, wind surfing, sailing, tennis, beach combing, shopping, golf, horseback riding and local excursions.
Rates Include: lodging at the Hotel Sotavento in a Terraza Suite overlooking Zihuatanejo Bay, 17% hotel tax, sportfishing aboard a 31-ft. cruiser, tackle, fishing license, ice, fuel, crews/guides and approximately 7-8 hours of fishing per day.
Children under the age of 12 are FREE when sharing room with parents. Customized packages available on request. Accommodations in Ixtapa can be arranged upon request. Maximum number of people on cruiser is four. Maximum number of people on a panga is three. Fishing International only uses the best boats and the best crews of Zihuatanejo. Our fleet includes Bertram 33 ft., Bertram 31 ft. and some of the very best pangas of Zihuatanejo. Some of our guides are very familiar with sailfish and fly fishing.
Reservations. Deposit of 50% of total trip cost is required within 14 days of booking, or otherwise stated, in order to hold space. Balance due 45 days prior to trip arrival date.
Example Package Rates – subject to change by operator
Rates are Per Person Valid through Dec. 14, 2008
|2 persons*||3 persons*||4 persons**|
|3 nights/2 days fishing||$509.00||$368.00||$329.00|
|4 nights/3 days fishing||$739.00||$532.00||$469.00|
|5 nights/4 days fishing||$969.00||$695.00||$609.00|
|Extra night/day fishing||$229.00||$163.00||$140.00|
* 2 or 3-to-a-room/boat (31-ft cruiser).
** 2 double rooms / 4-to-a-boat (31-ft cruiser).
Other lengths of stay and boat sizes are available. Call us for information.
All rates subject to change without notice.